Editor-in-Chief: Marco Dorigo
ISSN: 1935-3812 (print version)
ISSN: 1935-3820 (electronic version)
Journal no. 11721
Swarm Intelligence: the principle resource dedicated to reporting on developments in the new discipline of swarm intelligence.
Swarm intelligence research deals with the study of self-organizing processes in natural and artificial swarm systems. It is a fast-growing field that involves the efforts of researchers in multiple disciplines, ranging from ethologists and social scientists to operations research and computer engineers.
Swarm Intelligence is dedicated to reporting on advances in the understanding and utilization of swarm intelligent systems. Submissions that shed light on either theoretical or practical aspects of swarm intelligence are welcome. The following subjects are of particular interest to the journal:
- modeling and analysis of collective biological systems such as social insects colonies, school and flocking vertebrates, human crowds;
- discussion of models of swarm behavior in insect, animal, or human societies that can stimulate new algorithmic approaches;
- modeling and analysis of ant colony optimization, particle swarm optimization, swarm robotics, and other swarm intelligent systems;
- empirical and theoretical research in swarm intelligence;
- application of swarm intelligence methods to real-world problems such as distributed computing, data clustering, graph partitioning, optimization and decision making;
- theoretical and experimental research in swarm robotic systems.